Mold Removal and Remediation Services - $0

2967 Dundas St W #389d, Toronto, ON M6P 1Z2, Canada

Details:

You may have a mould problem if you notice a change in the colour of your walls, a musty odour, or a fuzzy appearance anywhere in your home. Mold is a serious problem, so be sure to take the necessary precautions.

Mold growth in your home poses serious health risks. You and your family's health, especially your lungs and overall health, as well as the integrity of your home, are at risk if you wait to take preventative measures and address the issue.


Walls that soften and turn colours due to moisture are not good. It has the potential to bring the house down. A leak in the pipes or an external leak can cause serious structural damage to your home, which is why it's important to investigate any brown patches as soon as possible. When water penetrates a building's walls, mould grows there, leading to cracks and, eventually, the spread of mould spores—which can settle deep into your lungs—and the rest of the building.

If you have a rental unit, your landlord is responsible for fixing things like these. Even if you reside in a dry region, it is still a bad idea to just paint over the mouldy areas. Don't feel obligated to take that. If you're experiencing an issue and want it rectified so that you and your family aren't exposed to potentially fatal illnesses caused by the landlord's indifference, you can give them a call. Due to their shortcomings, they will be obligated to help you in some way.

You might have to vacate the premises for a few days while they investigate the source of the mould and make repairs. When that time comes, the contaminated region will be completely torn down and replaced. If the infected region is tiny, they should be able to get it taken care of in a single day. Depending on the severity, situations like this might last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. Your credit card will not be debited. They may even foot the bill if you need to find a temporary residence somewhere throughout the repair process.

Thoughts on Mold Removal

As a housekeeper, you take pride in your work and it shows. Thanks to your weekly cleaning routine, your bathroom shines like new. There is no hope for soap scum in your bathroom sink. Then one day you open the shower curtain to get in, and there it is. Mold is unattractive and grows in the grout between your tiles; it often congregates around the soap dish. Besides being unpleasant to the eye, this also offers a potential threat to one's health. It can release tiny spores into the air that can germinate and grow into a new colony in your AC vents. There, it can multiply undetected, releasing millions of spores that can irritate the lungs and potentially prove fatal. It's incredibly expensive to have the entire ventilation system cleaned once it reaches that point.


You tell yourself, "No worries, I'll just go to the huge orange home centre and ask the "Home and Garden Pro" what to do."

The kind clerk at the hardware store delivers you a bottle of spray and assures you the problem is solved. Just for the sake of convenience, you went out and bought something you could have made at home out of water and bleach.

When you go home, you spray the damaged areas down, turn on the fan, and then exit the house.

After being practically knocked unconscious by the chlorine fumes, you return to the room an hour later, open the door, and notice that most of the terrible black stuff is gone, save for the area around the soap dish, which you scrub with an old tooth brush. After one day, the odours and vapours will have faded.

It seems fine.

Two weeks have gone since you last saw it, and now that you've pulled back the curtain, you see that it's back in full force. Why?

Mold cannot be eliminated using chlorine bleach. It bleaches the area and sends the organism into hiding, where it will remain inactive until the all-clear signal is given. Then, it comes back even more powerful than before. Some species have no reaction to chlorine bleach. Those strands of what appear to be hair in the bottom of the tub. They are deeply ingrained, and can only be scrubbed away with an abrasive or heated steam.

If mould appears in your home (and it will unless you reside in the desert), you should get it professionally removed and the area treated to prevent its reappearance. If they're well-rounded, the company you hire to clean your carpets should also be able to remove mould from your home. High-temperature steam cleaning, especially at above 200 degrees, will ruin it. Hotter steam than what you get in your shower feeds it. It is possible to reduce the grout's growth potential by adjusting its pH. There are other successful trade secrets out there.

The presence of mould is serious business. If you don't get it under control, you might endanger the lives of your loved ones, including your pets, and be hit with a cleaning bill in the hundreds of dollars. Avoid future medical expenses and HVAC repair costs by hiring a pro now.
$0.00